Friday, December 14, 2012


Maybe you are wondering how did the name for the blog got picked. As I mentioned construction was my line of work my whole life. There were times I came home from working on the job and I would have cuts and scrapes on my hands or they would be filthy dirty from working in concrete, dirt and form oil. My little girls usually come running up to me as I got out of my truck and would yell daddy, daddy your home. They would want to hug me and me to hug them even with my cut and dirty hands. Years later when my little girls were grown they gave me a present. That present was a CD with a song on it. The song was a country song " Daddy's Hands" song by Holly Dunn. I had never heard the song before. I played it and the sentimental slob that I am I cried. My whole life I have worked with my hands. I have very big hands and I guess quite strong. When each of our little girls were born it seemed I could hold them in one hand. People always comment about my grip when I shake their hands. I have to be careful when I shake ladies hands. Well, back to the subject. I still play that song and think of my little girls even though they aren't little any more. These were the same hands that I disciplined with, held to comfort, fixed their necklaces, fixed their cars, held their horses, loaded hay for their horses, shook their boy friends hands, made a living with, hugged their mommy with and wiped away their tears. That CD is my most favorite. Well, I still work with my hands. Whenever I visit them all over the USA I fix or build things for them.  I can't hold my little girls any more but I can hold their children in my hands. I do put my hands and arms around them. It was my youngest and littlest daughter that named the blog and helped me set up this blog to tell my, our story.


Two of my grandchildren napping HA HA with me










                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment